- Yoga Therapy is the adaptation of yoga practices for people with health challenges. Yoga therapists prescribe specific regimens of postures, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques to suit individual needs. Medical research shows that Yoga Therapy is among the most effective complementary therapies for several common ailments. The challenges may be an illness, a temporary condition like pregnancy or childbirth, or a chronic condition associated with old age or infirmity. — Robin Monro, Ph.D. Yoga Biomedical Trust (England)
- Yoga or Yoga therapy is offered at 93 percent of 800 integrative medical centers, which combine western and alternative healthcare methods. — Cary Wing, executive director, Medical Fitness Association in Richmond, VA.
- The biggest differences between Yoga Therapy and Physical Therapy is the emphasis on breathing, concentration or "mindfulness," and sequencing. These all play a vital role in healing.
- Yoga Therapy offers a holistic approach to healing.
- Yoga Therapists can prevent injury, treat chronic pain, and offer rehab after acute pain.
- The Sanskrit word for Yoga Therapy is Yoga Cikitsa (Cha-kits ah)
Lifestyle changes may include:
- beginning a daily movement practice
- tracking water and food intake
- journaling exercises (on relationships, goals and dreams, lifestyle habits)
- implementing relaxation techniques into daily routine
- beginning a meditation or contemplation practice
- prescribed Yoga Rx Breathing Breaks
- monthly, seasonal, or annual check-ups with your Yoga Therapist
-Cikitsa = therapy, healing or medical -Krama (healing of the whole person).
- Yoga is non-secular, which means anyone can learn and benefit from it.
- Yoga has roots that are thousands of years old and is practiced all over the world.
- Your Yoga Therapist will support you in making lifestyle changes to support your wellness goals.
Experience the powerful benefits of Yoga Therapy in the privacy and serenity of your own home.
Online Yoga Therapy Session
You and I meet online via HIPAA compliant secure video conferencing, trusted by licensed therapists and web-based companies all over the world.
Contact me to request an initial interview to see if we are a good match. You'll have plenty of time to ask me questions and to discuss your goals. Your experience will be personalized through a comprehensive assessment in which we identify what you are looking for and create a specific plan based on your goals.