Francesca Michelle Gold, Owner
Yoga Therapist, E-RYT 500 x 2, International Association of Yoga Therapists, YTRx
Francesca has been teaching yoga to diverse populations for 7 years. Francesca's path has led her to deep study within two potent lineages: The Himalayan Institute of Yoga Science and Philosophy (a world authority on Yoga, Meditation, and Ayurveda) and in the Tradition of Krishnamacharya (widely regarded as the Father of Modern Yoga). Francesca has a degree in Psychology from Carlow University and studied Clinical Yoga Therapy at Loyola Marymount University.
Francesca is hired by a wide variety of individuals, organizations, and corporations to lead classes, workshops, and retreats. Her approach blends yoga, mindfulness, guided relaxation, meditation, and self-inquiry as a holistic approach to meeting life with an open mind and compassionate heart. Her sessions strike a balance between holistic, mindful, and meditative with a teaching style that’s grounded, practical, and accessible. In a nutshell, she crafts individualized therapeutic yoga sequences for people from all walks of life.
(in chronological order)
- 'Take Five' Children's Yoga Training Certification (2014)
- Yoga Teacher Training with Senior Iyengar Yoga Teachers (2014)
- Level I and II Gendai Reiki Certification (2010-2012)
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification through the Himalayan Institute of Yoga Science and Philosophy (2010-2011)
- BA Psychology, Cum Laude; Minors in Philosophy, Public Policy & Leadership (2009)
- 500 hour YTRx: Clinical Yoga Therapy Studies at Loyola Marymount University in their celebrated Yoga Therapy Rx program (2015-2017)
- 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification through the Himalayan Institute of Yoga Science and Philosophy (2014)
- Advanced 80 hour yoga anatomy training (2015)
- Level 1 Shambhala Meditation Training (2015)
- CPR + First Aid - adults & youth (2015)
- Therapeutic and mental health clinics (yoga, relaxation, mindfulness)
- IOP (intensive outpatient)
- PHP (partial hospitalization programs)
- OP (outpatient)
- Schools (grades K-12) (yoga, mindfulness)
- Educational therapy clinics (yoga, mindfulness)
- Recovery centers (yoga, meditation, mindfulness)
- Sober living houses (yoga, meditation)
- Public studio settings (yoga, meditation, workshops)
- Private practice with individuals and small groups
- Mind/Body Retreats (yoga, philosophical self-inquiry)
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Trainings (event organizer, assistant)
- Physical Therapy Centers (yoga)
- Corporate Clients (yoga, mindfulness, meditation)
Yoga Education in Schools
- Introduced and developed yoga into the curriculum of both public and private schools in the Southern California region.
- Teach yoga, mindfulness, and movement classes for kids of all ages in studios, public & private schools in Pittsburgh, PA, Ojai, CA, and Ventura, CA.
Yoga Centers & Retreats
Yoga Therapy Program Development
- Create intake, assessment forms, standard operating procedures, and pricing system for Holistic Psychotherapy Center.
- Pioneered blossoming Yoga Therapy programs in Residential, PHP, IOP facilities, holistic therapy centers, and more.
Created proposal and presented to board of directors on constructing a brand new structure for yoga programs to be offered. This structure was successfully constructed in 2014 and is a beautiful venue where yoga retreats are offered.
The structure furthers and is in alignment with the mission of the retreat center through bringing people to the center and also through sharing the centers values and teachings with more people.
- Created and facilitated mind & body retreats with up to 15 participants with participants from all over the country.
Francesca is a facilitator at the Krishnamurti Foundation of America in Ojai, CA where she supports the foundation in furthering its mission of disseminating the works of J. Krishnamurti.
Exercise Consciousness Yoga Experiment
I created and conducted a research experiment, based on IRB (International Review Board) standards and approval which combined my fascination between yoga, psychology, and the mind-body connection.
- I examined the correlation between maintaining a regular yoga practice and levels of stress and attitudes towards exercise in college students.
- Findings showed that there is a connection between the amount of and type of exercise done on a daily basis and an individuals mood, energy level and outlook on life.